Delivered by Justin Jackson and Francesca Granelli - Digital Remit
What we cover
The workshop introduces key financial concepts, demystifies the terminology, and builds confidence in interpreting your accounts. It is a highly practical session that emphasises the importance of sound finance to every business and where to get help.
The morning starts with a look at finance: what it is, why it matters, how to measure, where to record, and who needs to know.
It then moves on to consider the three essential statements: cashflow, profit and loss, and the balance sheet.
We then look at how to draw up a budget before we consider the importance of cashflow and how to manage it.
The group then learns where to find help and resources and spell out the benefits of using a bookkeeper or accountant.
The workshop ends with a brief look at how to get finance: types to consider, the pros and cons, what it costs, and how to secure it!
What will I learn?
- the importance of finance to your long term success
- the basics of the three financial statements: cashflow, P&L, and balance sheet
- best practice in drawing up a budget for your business
- manage cashflow to ensure your short term survival
- understand your financial needs and how to meet them
- whether raising capital is right for your business
- interpreting financial statements – both yours and others
- simple ratios that will improve your financial decision making
Who should attend?
Any entrepreneur, director, or manager who want to make sure their finances are in good order and how to interpret their accounts.
This workshop is pre-recorded and streamed as live at the advertised time. Details will be sent to those who book.
You can book using your ScaleUp 360 website login details, but if you have any problems please contact email@example.com.
ScaleUp 360 events are exclusively for those registered on the programme. To register for the programme complete our online form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.