Delivered by Justin Jackson and Francesca Granelli - Digital Remit
What will we cover?
We start by discussing the purpose of business: to create value for its customer. Yet customer satisfaction is also a function of expectations – and the problem is that the latter demand more and more over time. The solution to this ‘ratchet’ is continual innovation.
To explain why, we ask what innovation means – and reiterate that it is about the value we create for the customer, rather than our technologies or even our product.
The question is how we identify innovative bundles of value – and, to do this, we look at the innovation circle. We then explore how to manage the process through stage gates.
The spotlight then shifts from supply to demand with a look at innovation models. How do new ways of creating value spread through a market? What is the hype cycle?
We end with the idea of disruptive innovation, contrasting it with sustaining innovations, and ask how we can avoid the “innovator’s dilemma’.
What will I learn?
• the true meaning of innovation as the creation of new bundles of value
• how this addresses the problem of the ‘ratchet’ in customer satisfaction
• the nature of the innovation circle and managing using stage gates
• what the diffusion of innovation is and why it matters to you
• how it differs from the hype cycle and how you can harness the latter
• the best way to avoid the innovator’s dilemma.
Who should attend?
Any entrepreneur, director, or manager who wants to place innovation at the heart of their business strategy.
This workshop is pre-recorded and streamed as live at the advertised time. You can book using your ScaleUp 360 website login details, but if you have any problems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ScaleUp 360 events are exclusively for those registered on the programme. To register for the programme complete our online form
and we will be in touch as soon as possible.