Online -via Zoom
Due to the current situation, this event will be hosted live to registered attendees via Zoom. You can book using the login details emailed to you, but if you have any problems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will we cover?
In this session, we will look at the current landscape for businesses and how Covid-19 has changed the way businesses recruit.
- New employer checklist of things to do pre-recruiting
- Getting clarity on what you need an employee to do in your business
- Creating a job role profile to attract the best talent
- Explore working arrangements to selecting the best one for your business e.g employee, worker, self employed contractor
- Positioning yourself in the job market to attract great people - employer of choice
- Pension requirements for employers
- Statutory entitlements e.g. holidays, SSP, maternity, paternity etc
- Contracts and Handbooks
- Methods of recruiting in a COVID world
- Equality Act 2010 and the recruitment process
- The interviewing and selection process in a COVID world
- Getting the most from an interview...delivered by a great interviewer
- Onboarding and inducting whilst being COVID safe
- Evaluating your recruitment activity and staff retention
What will I learn?
- The importance of communication in your business
- How to meet employment law requirements and avoid potential claims from employees
- How to attract and retain the best people through your business practices
- The process around making changes to terms and conditions of employment
- Creating a business structure that puts you in a position of strength post pandemic